Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Last Preschool

Being the youngest is a double edge sword. On one hand, you gets loads of attention and most things go your way. On the other, important things happen and moms forget to blog about it. The latter is true for Kyle. He started his first day of preschool last week!! He is absolutely loving it. He is such a brave little guy. The first day I dropped him off he nervously walked to the group of kids and sat down. Then as I drove away, I watched him bravely talk to the other kids. I was so proud. My eyes unexpectedly welled up with tears as I drove home.





My lovely friend, Jodie, said it best ... (I changed the names to my children)

Our days are slipping away too quickly. Tayden suddenly looks like a teenager, Cache can run around the neighborhood all day without even considering checking in at home, and Kyle asks every day, “Mom, am I big yet?”. After months of excitedly anticipating all four kids at school and two hours free time to myself three times a week, it turns out it feels a little lonely. I got a lot done and nobody interrupted my cleaning spree and I sang at the top of my lungs to the songs of my own choosing, but my kids were off in their own worlds that I’m not a part of. And that’s a strange feeling. So today when Kyle asked if I would play legos, it was the easiest “yes” I’ve said in a long time.


No comments: