We started the journey with a bit of a bump in the road.The plan was to fly from Idaho Falls to Denver, and Denver to Minneapolis. As we pulled into the IF airport, we were notified our flight to Denver had been delayed and consequentially we would miss our connecting flight. The workers at the airport were so kind and immediately redirected us to the Pocatello airport, about an hour away, where we could hop on a plane to Salt Lake and then from Salt Lake to Minneapolis. With the Pocatello flight leaving in just over an hour, we hit the road running and got to the airport with a few minutes to spare.
But the rest of the trip was smooth sailing and we were relieved that we wouldn't have to miss the wedding.
We landed, picked up the rental car and got into the hotel around 12:45, then left for the sealing at 9:30. I loved being able to attend the sealing and be reminded of my covenants I made with Scott. He acted as a witness and I sat directly across from him as I acted as "mother". We were able to look at each other and silently remember our marriage together. It was a really special moment. The rest of the day was packed with pictures and festivities.
At the civil ceremony, the six Packards (Scott, myself, Jeff, Sharlee, Ashley and Rose Marie) held down the fort best we could. Though we were few in numbers, we were equally as happy and supportive of Matt.
We headed back to the hotel and climbed into bed around 10:30. We woke up at 3:30 to catch our flight home so we could be back in time for Taydens football championship tournament. Initially, I thought we were crazy, but as the tournament progressed, I was so happy to be there.
The team won their first game, but lost the second game by one point. That loss, put them in the losers bracket were they fought their way back to the semi finals. There they met an undefeated team (season and tournament) and went on to beat them. Since it was a double elimination tourney, that meant playing them again for the championship By that point, the kids had been playing for five hours straight. Tayden played both offensive and defense the whole day, resulting in absolutely no rest time. He literally played 100% of the games, 100% of the day. The last game was brutal. We lost two kids to injury, with two more hurt but still able to play. We had played 7 games, while the opposing team had only played 5. Our kids were exhausted. They lost the game, but boy I couldn't have been prouder. Watching Tayden play through the exhaustion and give it his all was so rewarding. Not to mention, he played brilliantly. He caught more touchdowns than I can remember and prevented more from the other team. More rewarding than that, was watching him help the other players up and tell them good job. He is a good sport. That was worth coming home for.









No comments:
Post a Comment