Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Grandma and Grandpa Surprise Visit

First of all, I am admittedly the worst at taking pictures when guests are here. If you look back and read every single post about having guests in town, you might get lucky with 2 pictures. I am horrible. I really need to work on getting better at taking pictures when we have guests. With that said, Grandma and Grandpa Packard surprised the boys this last weekend.

We were at the ball park for one of Taydens games and out of no where came Grandma and Grandpa Packard! Scott and I knew they were coming but the boys were shocked. And completely elated. I think they like having guests as much as I do. We stayed and watched them game and then headed to McDonalds for an after game ice cream treat.

As we pulled into the house and started to unload the cars, we realized just how much we were getting spoiled. As if coming to visit wasn't enough, Grandma and Grandpa brought marsh mellow guns for everyone, gifts from family members and food like you would not believe. They packed our pantry to the brim. So much so, that we had to store half of it in a closet upstairs. They take care of us and they'll probably never understand just how much it means to me.

We spent time at Bass Pro Shop, going out to eat, shooting our marsh mellow guns, watching T-ball, making milk shakes and enjoying time together. Cheryl taught me how to make homemade strawberry jam, which was super easy and fun with my new blendtec. I even made rolls with the blendtec while they were here! It was my first time and I added a little bit too much flour and didn't mix it quite long enough. But I think I know where to make the changes and am excited to try again.

The kids were pretty good while Grandma and Grandpa were here. We had to have a few reminders about how we act, especially when guests are here, but other than that they were fine. Cache has a new found independent attitude that he discovered while his grandparents were here and its not my favorite thing. But we're learning how to deal with it and keep everyone happy.

I am so grateful for the visit. I was started to get family hungry and they rescued me from the doldrums. I love my in-laws so much and feel blessed that they would take the time to drive down and see our family. Thanks for the visit! And for taking pictures. And letting me steal them! We love you guys.








Grandma and Grandpa wanted a family picture with our new toys. So of course we waited until the morning when everyone was still in pj's and mom was fresh faced. haha. I laugh at this first picture because it is so us. I love that Cache is finally holding the gun right. He rode it around like a horse all weekend. 

 Notice our new sweaters? They say, "Keep calm and let Scott handle it." So appropriate. 

And we wanted to get a picture of grandma and grandpa with the kids, but this is the best we could do. haha. Beckett decided he was done with pictures and took off running and was not coming back.


Thanks again for the visit. 
Can't wait to make it to Idaho. Only 8 more weeks! 


No comments: