Thursday, August 15, 2013

Up the Creek

If I could give my kids anything in the world, it would be space. Space to run free and wild and room to explore. I never knew how much I loved wide open spaces until I moved. Las Vegas can be very confined and claustrophobic with not a lot of room to run and play. Don't get me wrong. I love Las Vegas and there are so many things it has to offer that other places can't, but it is lacking in space. Luckily, we have amazing great grandparents with amazing backyards. Today, the kids enjoyed Great Grandma and Grandpa Packards creek. The water was low enough for the kids to splash around in and had a few spot deep enough to wade through. Even the dog got in on the fun and took an unexpected swim.
 
 
 Cheryl brought down chairs and we just sat and watched the boys play for hours. The weather was perfect, the kids had a ball and it felt like heaven on earth.
 

 Beckett loved splashing in the puddles!
 




 Tayden saw 2 little fish swimming around and was going on fish hunt the rest of the time!
 




Even Cache enjoyed it.
 
It was a great afternoon. Its fun to watch the kids discover nature and play outside and even though I can't provide the space I'd like to in Las Vegas, I am so grateful that we can in Idaho.


No comments: