Beckett had a rough game last week. During an aggressive play, he got hit hard. It took him a minute to get up, and when he did, he was holding and flexing his shoulder. I was kind of concerned, but he assured me he was fine. A few minutes later, he was crying as the coaches were trying to get his pads off. I immediately ran down to the field and met him under the tunnel. He collapsed on me, sobbing into my shoulder about how badly he wanted to play football. I just hugged him.
The sports trainer looked at him and thought he had injured his AC joint and suggested we get an x-ray. However, the head coach came to talk to me and suggested I get a second opinion from one of the other coaches. We did so, and he felt confident that it was more of a muscle issue rather than a bone issue. Considering what I have watched the sports trainer do and not do, I didn't take his advice. In all honesty, I don't trust that man or his skill.
Beckett is taking a few days off to rest his shoulder, and it's already feeling better. He'll probably be out for a week or two, but it's not season-ending. So we're feeling grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment