Sunday, April 19, 2015


Whirlwind. That's the best way I can describe my life right now. It's great, but so busy. I can hardly believe another week has past. My days are spent feeding a baby and making sure the others are fed, changing diapers, running kids to school, reading books, doing homework, practicing speech, keeping the boys safe from each other, insuring they all feel loved and important, keeping screen time down and play up, laundry, cleaning house, planning dinner and trying my best to cook it, etc. The same things every other stay at home mom does. But with four, it feels a bit crazier. Its good and we're adjusting, but it's a whirlwind. In between everything, some mentionables about the week...

It snowed! The boys were thrilled to wake up to the white stuff and immediately wanted to play in it. It was freezing, but they insisted on going out anyway. So I bundled them up and set them loose. It only lasted about 30 minutes, because it was so cold. Cache only lasted about 30 seconds because he slipped down the stairs on the way out. It was over after that. But the big boys had a blast and the little boys and I enjoyed watched from the warmth of the home.

See the little boy running home from the bus stop? That's my kindergartener. Ugh, he's growing up and he won't stop. He has been wanting to ride it home for some time and this week, I finally bit the bullet and let him do it. The first day I walked him to the bus and followed it to make sure he got off at the right stop. The next day, I watched from a distance and let him find his way to the bus. I beat the bus home and watched him get off from my porch. The third day I stayed home and prayed my guts out he'd make it. And he did. I admit, it makes my afternoons easier. But I still don't like how fast he is growing up. 

After the snow melted, Scott had the opportunity to spend some one on one time with Beckett on his day off. B has had a rough week and it lashing out looking for attention. He's been extra rough with his brothers and super emotional. I knew he needed some special time and Scott came to the rescue making that happen. They worked for a few hours in the backyard while Tayden was at school and the little brothers were napping. It might have been a small act, but to Beckett, it meant the world.

Then I had the chance to spend some good quality time with cache reading his favorite books. We cuddled up on the couch and I let him tell me the stories. It was as good for me as it was for him. 

This might be completely inappropriate, but it was too funny not to share. It's no secret after you have a baby you bleed for awhile after delivery. Well, Cache now has "a cool new beard". 

Baby Ky was circumsized this week. It was awful. He is so laid back and easy going and hardly ever cries. But after the doctor he cried for a solid 20 minutes. Even when he slept he whined and was grumpy the rest of the evening. Luckily, it only lasted a day and the next day he was back to normal. The doc said he looked great. He weights 7 lbs 9 ounces. He has gained over 1/2 pound in two weeks and grew 1/2 inch. He is strong and healthy. And we are grateful. 

I'm welcoming the whirlwind that is my life. I wonder if it will ever calm down or if this is the new normal. Either way, I embrace it and love it. 


Echo said...

No one ever comments on blogs any more...I think sometimes we blog for ourselves more than anyone else and that's okay. I just wanted you to know how proud I am of you. You are such a good mom, always so involved with your boys and making sure that they are enjoying life to the fullest. You're a woman of faith and I admire you so much for that. Love and miss you dearly!

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

It was so fun to snuggle that cute baby!! And you look great. You make having 4 (!) kids look easy. We just love being around your boys and wish we could see you guys everyday!!